Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Benefits of Juicing

The Benefits of Juicing

I have owned a juicer for awhile. It use to belong to my dad. I am now deciding to put it to great use. Yea me!!  Let me start by giving you some information that I have learned about juicing.  

Apparently, there are so many fantastic benefits to juicing.  I will list them below:

  1. Helps one think more clearly and be in a cheerful, positive mental state
  2. Aids in weight loss
  3. Leaves you full of energy 
  4.  You wake  up sharp and clear
  5. Your body will be full of nutrients
  6. Heighten sense of taste and smell
  7. Glowing skin and promotes hair and nail growth
  8. Your immune system functions at it's peak
  9. It's a good way to consume the fruits and vegetables that you may not typically eat
There are some things to keep in mind.  The juice is not pasteurized so be sure to wash your hands and all produce before juicing.  If you're not going to drink it right away please drink it within a five day period.  But it's best to drink it the day of.  Don't forget to wash your juicer after every use with hot soapy water.  

If you are going to juice solely to loose weight, and you're going to only consume juice for a certain amount of days please keep in mind that you may slow down your metabolism.  This is because you're cutting calories.  So when you start eating solid foods again you may pick up some weight in the form of fat cells.  

Also, if you're on medication you may want to consult your nutritionist, holistic doctor, or physician.  This is to prevent drug and nutrient interactions.  Apparently, dark leafy greens contain a high quantity of vitamin A which could interfere with certain blood thinners.

This being said, I'm choosing to incorporate my juicing with healthy meals and I have also talked to my doctor about juicing.  I am currently on hypertension meds and my goal is to let my food be my medicine.  So, I have found a juice recipe that I have made that is great for lowering blood pressure.  (I added an apple for a taste)




No comments:

Post a Comment