Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Not All Fast Food Is Bad

Fast Food Surprise



Fast food restaurants are known to be fun and inviting places to dine where the flavor filled food is served in a timely matter.  These experiences are always fun and it will give you a break from cooking at home and they serves as a quick meal for you when you are already out on the go.

The problem with most fast food restaurants comes with the health quality of the fast food.  The food is filled with  unhealthy fats, preservatives, sugar, calories, sodium, and carbohydrates.  Even though fast food provides great flavors and is filling it gives very little real nutrition to the body.


There is a light at the end of this long fast food tunnel.  I have fantastic news to share with all my viewers in or around the Maryland area!  I have found that there are great fast food places out there that serve fresh healthy food.  This past weekend I was in Baltimore taking care of some business with my family.  After quite  a few hours out around town my kids started complaining about how hungry they were.  My husband and I started to feel the hunger pains also but with trying to eat healthy we were struggling to think of the best place to eat.  We decided to check out Owings Mills Mall and see if there were some new places open since we had not been there in a while.

When we went inside I spotted a lovely place called "The Big Bean Theory" that caught my eye.  What  first got my attention was the display case of vegetables and then the awesome name .  With excitement I then realized this is no ordinary fast food place.  I thought to myself, wow, no burgers, fries, subs, pizza, or fried chicken here.  Finally something different to eat!  The employees were very informative and friendly.

I came to learn that the owner, Chef Eula, has spent years of perfecting her healthy and quite delicious creations and now is able to serve them to her community at her place, "The Big Bean Theory" inside Owings Mills Mall.

I had the Salmon sandwich with a amazing white tea.  My meal is pictured below.  The Big Bean Theory also offers vegan and vegetarian dishes that is all made with fresh (local when possible) ingredients at a great price.

This is a great grab and go HEALTHY and DELICIOUS fast food restaurant that I felt I had to share with you.  So if you are in the area stop by and later let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment